I currently provide mentoring, coaching and counselling support to staff at all levels in the public sector, specialising particularly in the NHS where I worked as a Chief Executive for over 20 years. I am also a Non Executive Director of a national charity, managing director of a successful family business and i am also a business recovery consultant.
I specialise in working with individuals and/or their teams on a personal basis. I provide real solutions and options to resolve complex and intractable problems.
- 32 year's experience with 20 years as a Chief Executive, working with 15 different chairmen
- Chief Executive of the largest, most complex and challenged NHS organisations throughout England, Wales and Scotland
- Worked at the highest levels of Government in England and the devolved administrations in Wales and Scotland
- Understands the 'mindset' and psychology of Politicians and Civil Servants
- National reputation for taking on and successfully managing some of the NHS 'trouble spots'
- Extensive experience in managing the politics, the money, the media and deploying the tactics to succeed
- Worked throughout my career with the medical profession on major programmes of modernisation and change
- A leading advocate for multi agency working, making sure it succeeds and makes a sustainable difference
- Successfully steered through major programmes of service change and change management
- Chair of a wide range of national bodies on behalf of government
- A national figure on the training, development, mentoring and coaching of staff at all levels
- Mentoring and coaching of staff in the public sector
- Non-Executive Director of a national charity
- Managing Director of a successful family retail business
- Business recovery consultant